[fbshare]
Milford DelawareMilford, Delaware is just the place if you're in the mood for fresh grown fruit and vegetables, a visit to a fire company, a walk along the river or a museum. The Riverwalk Farmer's Market in Milford operates every Saturday from 9:00 AM until 1:00 PM on South Walnut Street and the Mispillion Riverwalk. They feature locally grown or prepared meats, seafood and baked goods. The Carlisle Fire Company first started fighting fires in 1802 when the Delaware Legislature authorized the town of Milford to have a volunteer fire department. In 1892, the town installed water mains and fireplugs and the department bought a hand-drawn hook and ladder truck. The first fire alarm came in on August 9th, 1895 in response to a fire at the Grier's Laundry, which happened to be located next to the fire department. In 1916, the department upgraded to a truck that included chemical tanks, a pump and ladders. Members of the department drill weekly. The latest fire occurred on May 30, 2003 in the afternoon. The blaze began in a second floor apartment next to the Wiley Hardware on Walnut Street in the historic downtown district. The Milford fire department was joined by departments from 18 other cities in fighting a fire that destroyed seven businesses, three apartments, a church and an entire block of the historic district. No lives were lost, but one civilian and six firefighters suffered injuries. The Milford Museum presents accounts and artifacts dating from the 1700's to the present. The exhibits show Milford's participation in shipbuilding, Victorian silverware and baseball. Milford contains 9,559 residents as recorded in the 2010 census and 1,289 businesses. It lies in both Kent and Sussex counties.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mssql_connect() in /home/wtcibeds/public_html/mssql-config.php on line 2